SILVER WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES.


       The following local weddings were chronicled in the "Cumberland
Paquet" of Tuesday, January 9, 1877: -

**

BROCKLEBANK-ABBOTT-On the 1st January 1877 at St. Mary's, Maryport, Mr.
Fisher BROCKLEBANK, master mariner, Harrington to Mary, daughter of the late John ABBOTT.


**

BROCKLEBANK-FEARNLEY- On the 23rd December 1876 at the Parish Church,
Preston, Mr. James BROCKLEBANK, of the Ironworks, Barrow, to Elizabeth, daughter of the late Mr. Peter FEARNLEY.


**

BRINDLE-FLEMING- On the 1st January, 1877 at Broughton-in-Furness, by the
Rev. F. A. MALLESON, M. A., vicar, Mr. Thomas BRINDLE, of Sea Cote Hotel, St.
Bees, to Isabelle, daughter of the late Mr. James FLEMING, of
Broughton-in-Furness.


**

DOUGLAS-HARTLEY-On the 28th December 1876, St. Mary's Church, Harrington, Mr.
Hugh DOUGLAS, to Mary Ann, daughter of Mr. John HARTLEY, both of Harrington.


**

GRAHAM-FELL-On the 35d January, 1877 at the Parish Church, Workington, Mr.
John T. GRAHAM, of the Cumberland Union Bank, to Eleanor (Nellie), daughter of the late Mr. Jonathan FELL, shipbuilder, Workington.


**

GAMBLES-BOWMAN-On the 1st January, 1877, at St. John's Church, Workington, by
the Rev. J. J. THORNLEY, the vicar, John GAMBLES, of East Croft Harrington,
to Annie, the fourth daughter of Thomas BOWMAN, Workington.


**

RODHAM-ASLIN- On the 26th December, 1876 at the Cathedral, Ripon, Mr. J. S.
RODHAM of Weston Lodge, Cockermouth, to Katherine, daughter of Mr. R. ASLIN,
Ripon.


**

WOOD-HUTHWAITE- On the 2nd January, 1877 at the Parish Church, Crosscanonby,
by the Rev. A. OATES, assisted by the Rev. J. DUGDALE, Wilton William WOOD, of Maryport, shipbuilder, to Catherine Mary, eldest daughter of the late Henry
Oldknow HUTHWAITE, Esq., of Maryport.


**

WHITELL-TODHUNTER- On the 1st January, 1877 at St. Nicholas Church,
Whitehaven, by the Rev. Dr. MACMILLAN, Ralph WHITELL, builder and contractor, Barnes Green, Harpurhey, Manchester, to Mary Isabella Bowness, only daughter of the late Bowness TODHUNTER, ironmonger, of Whitehaven.