Transcribed by unknown author unknown author
Edition: Thurs, May 20th, 1897 Thurs, May 20th, 1897
LOCAL NEWS ITEMS
The gardens which have always been a feature of this village are looking
Five new cycles have been introduced here within the past week, and are all
for ladies who are fast advancing in proficiency in riding, but it is thought
that a more suitable place might be found for learning than the central part
of the village, where there is some danger of running over children and dogs.
On Sunday last service was held at the old Parish Church, St. Bridget's, and
was conducted by the Rev. Rees KEENE, of Gosforth, who preached an excellent
sermon. The church was packed in every corner. Seats were found for 196 but a
great many people had to stand at the door and elsewhere. The offertory
realised £1 13s.
This being the burial place for St. Bridget's Parish, a great many came to
see the graves of friends and relatives. This is the first time service has
been held this season.
Mr. WATSON's tower at Braystones is visibly progressing. It can now be seen
from the railway.