GOOD GENERAL SERVANT Wanted at Martinmas.
-Apply to Mrs. V. SWINDLE, Main Street, Keswick.
GOOD GENERAL SERVANT Wanted at the term; age under 20.
-Mrs. ARMSTRONG, Dovenby, Cockermouth.
GENERAL SERVANT Wanted, immediately; age 20 to 30; good wages; character
from last situation; boy kept.
- Apply L. SCENTANCE, Pow House. Portinscale, Keswick.
GIRL - Wanted at once, for Lancashire, a good servant, who can do plain
cooking; age about 20; good character indispensable.
- Apply to Miss. YEATES, Clarendon House, near Workington.
GIRL Wanted, at the Term.
- Apply to E. KIRKHAUGH, Aspatria.
GOOD GENERAL SERVANT Wanted at the Term; one able to cook.
- Apply to Dr. PEARSON, Fleming Square, Maryport.
GOOD Plain Cook Wanted, for a small family; washing; must have good
- Apply to Mrs. KNOWLES, Curwen Street, Workington.
GOOD GENERAL SERVANT Wanted, early in November; must understand plain
cooking and be able to bake and wash.
- Apply, Mrs. SIMPSON, 71 Main Street, Cockermouth.
GENERAL SERVANT Wanted; able to do plain cooking, washing and Ironing.
- Apply to Mrs. JACKSON, The Fitz, Keswick.
HUSBANDMAN. - Wanted, at the Term, a married Husbandman; wife to work out
when required; cottage and garden provided.
- Apply to Joseph BARNES, Wolsty Close, Silloth.
WANTED, a Young Man who thoroughly understands BACON CURING and the
- Apply, with reference Box 10, Office of this paper, Cockermouth.
WANTED, at Term, KITCHENMAID, who can do plain cooking and Dairy Work.
- Apply to Mrs. PAISLEY, Overend House, Greysouthen.
WANTED, immediately, Three Good STONE WALLERS.
- Apply Thos. PATTINSON, Builder, Abbey Town.
WAITRESS. - Wanted at once, a First-Class Commercial Room Waitress.
- Apply Joseph SKELTON, King’s Arms Hotel, Wigton.
WORKING HOUSEKEEPER Wanted, at the term, for a Farm House.
-Apply by letter, to “J. B.” West Cumberland Times Office, Cockermouth.
WANTED, about 40 HOGGS to Winter.
- Apply to William CASSON, Howside, Ennerdale.
WANTED, at the Term, a Working Housekeeper for a Farm house; middle aged
- Apply to M. and L. HODGSON, Seascale.
WANTED at Term, Experienced COOK; also GIRL, to undertake duties of Nurse
and Sewing Maid.
- Apply Globe Hotel, Cockermouth.
WANTED, GOOD DAIRYMAID, able to do plain cooking; also experienced COOKS and
GENERAL SERVANTS. Wanted, a SITUATION as BULTER; can be well recommended.
- Apply to Mrs ARMSTRONG, 31, Market Place, Cockermouth.
HUSBANDMAN. - Wanted, at the Term, a married man, accustomed to all kinds of
farm work. Cottage provided.
- Apply to Thomas BIRBECK, Bassenthwaite.
HUSBANDMAN Wanted; a good fencer and spadesman; Cottage provided.
- Apply Mr. WATSON, Westward Parks.
JOINER Wanted, immediately.
- Apply to S. GRISDALE, Hayton.
NURSE GIRL Wanted; age 14 or 15; one accustomed to children.
- Apply to Mr. Wilson MOORE. West Cumberland Times Office, Wigton.
JOINERS. - Wanted, One or two Journeymen Joiners.
- Apply, John KELLEY, Joiner, Cleator Moor.
MILLWORKERS. Wanted Spinners, Doffers, Spoolers, Ballers and Knotters. Only
capable, steady hands, or those willing to learn need apply.
- Apply to J. HARRIS and Sopns, Cockermouth.
MAN, Wanted, at once, a middle aged Single Man, perfectly steady and
trustworthy, who understands horses and conveyances.
- Apply to the Greyhound Hotel, Shap, Westmorland.
MAN Wanted to work on the Bridekirk Roads.
- Apply to John PATTINSON.
NURSE Wanted. - about the 11th of November; not under 20; references
- Apply West Cumberland Times Office, Workington.
PLOUGHMAN (Married) Wanted; Cottage provided.
- Apply to Mr. TWENTYMAN, Blennerhasset Farm, Aspatria.
SERVANT. - Wanted, at the Term, an experienced General Servant, not under
25; one able to assist with cooking and washing preferred.
- Apply to Mrs. NICHOLSON, Flimby Cottage, near Maryport.
AGENT. - Wanted, a thoroughly reliable and pushing Agent for Maryport and
district, to sell first class Aerated Waters; One with cart to deliver goods
-Address, Box “A,” West Cumberland Times Office.
BEE’S WAX, ENGLISH. _ Good price given for Genuine English Bees’ Wax.
-By Norman SWINDLE, Chemist, Keswick.
BLACKSMITH, - Wanted, a good Country Blacksmith; must be a good horse shoer.
_Apply to Thomas LONGCAKE, Kirkby Street, Maryport.
COOK. - Wanted at the term, a good plain cook, One willing to do washing
during winter months.
-Apply, Mrs. GILLESPIE, Skiddaw Temperance Hotel, Keswick.
CLOGGER. - Wanted, a Seatsman; constant work for a steady man.
-Apply John LEWIS, Maryport.
COWMAN AND PLOUGHMAN Wanted:
Wives to work out; cottages and gardens provided.
-Apply to Wm. WOOD, Dundraw Farm, Wigton.
COWMAN, Wanted, at Martinmas, a Cowman with a son as second Ploughman,
-Apply, W. JACKSON, Southerfield, Abbey Town.
CLEAN, Active Girl, as General Servant Wanted at Term. Also a young girl as
- Apply to Mrs. MASON, Main Street, Cockermouth.