TWELVE VESSELS LOST. -- During the last week, the underwriters at Lloyd's received accounts containing information of the subjoined melancholy shipwrecks, attended with a very serious loss of human life: -- On the 25th of May last, the Hero of Malown, belonging to Liverpool, was totally last off Crelen.  This ship, which was four hundred and eighty tons burden, was built at Calcutta in the year 1820.  She was at the time at anchor in the harbour, and was to have sailed on the next or succeeding day, when one of the most violent gales came on that has been experienced in that quarter for many years.  The ship was forced to sea soon after the gale burst forth, and, owing to its increasing, the crew were unable to keep her off the coast, when at length she struck within thirty yards of the shore, and about twenty-five miles below Crelen, and in six hours afterwards went to pieces, not a particle of her having been found.  The captain and the crew, with the exception of one man, who was drowned, were saved, but were unable to rescue any of their clothing or property whatever.  Her cargo consisted principally of oils, &c., and a large sum was insured on her in London.  -- Another vessel, a brig, called the Carib, Mr. DIGBY, master, was wrecked during her passage from Newcastle to Bremen, on the island of Iniot.  She was stranded on the 25th of July, and went to pieces during the same night, the crew being unable to save any portion of her cargo or stores.  She was 199 tons burden, and was built at Quebec in 1829.  The crew, who were left in a complete state of destitution, have been provided with clothing and money, and have since been sent home by Mr. PARKER, the English Consul.  -- At the latter end of June last, the splendid ship Girara, of Bath, from New Orleans, for Cowes, foundered at sea, about 100 miles from Belize.  The master, together with the crew, being saved by the barque Georgia.  Mr. RAIRDEN, the captain, states that he left the port of Belize on the 18th of June, and on the 28th of that month, lat. 27-39, about 100 miles east of the Belize, she sprung a leak from some cause unknown, and at eight o'clock on the morning of the next day, finding that she could not be kept free, and the Georgia being in sight, after advising with the officers and crew, concluded to abandon her.  When we left, she had five feet of water in her hold, and the leak was gaining fast.  At six o'clock in the afternoon, the decks were seen to be even with the water's edge, and soon afterwards she totally disappeared.  She had on board 517 hogsheads of tobacco, part of which, and the ship, we believe, is insured.
-- At Madras, on the 25th of May last, there was a terrific storm, which it is much feared has occasioned the loss of several vessels, as will be observed by the following extract of a letter from Mr. DUNN, captain of the barque Helen, of Bristol, to the owner, dated Madras, June 4, 1843: -- "On the 21st of May, a violent gale of wind came on which obliged all the ships in the harbour to slip their cables and put to sea.  Within these last few days, several of them have returned in a very disabled state, with the loss of bulwarks and boats, their cargoes so much damaged as to oblige them to discharge.  Five of the vessels are missing, which it is feared are lost.  It blew a perfect hurricane of about six hours' duration, shifting from north-west to south-east.  About ten o'clock, a.m. on the 23rd ult., observed a vessel bearing down upon us, with a signal of distress flying; found her to be the brig Union, from Corigna, laden with grain and piece goods, in a sinking state, with upwards of eight feet water in the hold, bulwarks and boats washed away, and every stitch of canvas blown from the yards.  The sea was running so high at the time that it was with the greatest difficulty we could take the crew off her: four of them were washed overboard and drowned ere we could get to their assistance.  The remainder, consisting of nineteen men and one woman, two boys, master and mate, we succeeded in getting on board the Helen.  Our boat had not left with the last of the crew five minutes when the Union gave a heavy roll and went down headforemost.  They could with difficulty give vent to their expressions of thankfulness."
-- About the same period, another vessel, called the Pink, 130 tons burden, the property of BENSON and Co., of Lower Shadwell, was wrecked.  The crew were saved, and she was partly insured. -- Letters were on Wednesday received from Constantinople, dated July 27, announcing the loss of a fine steamer called the Panaghia Faveromiria, from Taganrog, which was run down by another steamer of much larger dimensions, and many lives (it is reported twenty-five) were lost. -- Thursday, intelligence of the loss of the George Wallis, Captain HUMPHREY, arrived also at Lloyd's.  She was a very fine schooner, 155 tons burden, and was built at Hull in the year 1841, and was wrecked during a typhoon in the straits Sunday, on the night of the 6th of December last, during her outward passage to China.  Much of her valuable cargo might have been saved, but the wreck was forcibly taken possession of by a gang of Malay wreckers, who, after plundering all they could, set fir to her hull, and she was completely destroyed.  The crew were saved. -- Argus.