The Genealogist - UK census, BMDs and more online

DWELLING HOUSES IN CARLISLE TO LET.

To be Let, and Entered on immediately.
TWO Commodious DWELLING HOUSES
FISHER STREET, Carlisle.

Apply to MR. G. G. MOUNSEY, Solicitor, Carlisle
________________________________________________
FARM TO LET

To be Let for a Term of Years, and Entered on
Candlemas next,

ALL that FARM, called "Caberslack" in the Parish of
Kirkoswald, in the County of Cumberland;  consisting
of a Dwelling House and Farm Buildings, and 203
Acres, or thereabouts, of Arable Meadow, and Pasture
Land, now in the occupation of Messrs. ELLIOTT, as
tenants.

Apply to MR. G. G. MOUNSEY, Solicitor, Carlisle,
by whom proposals in writing will be received;  or to
MR. WM. MORLEY, Great Corby.
============================================

TO BE LET, AT MARTINMAS.

A CONVENIENT DWELLING HOUSE.
comprising Nine Sitting and Lodging Rooms,
besides Kitchens, and all other usual Conveniences
situated in the Village of WESTOE, a short
distance from the Sea, and about Half-a-Mile
from Warm Baths, near South Shields.  It would
suit either a Private Family, or any Person wishing to
take Lodgers for the Bathing Season.

Apply to MR. CARRUTHERS, 49, Castle-street,
Carlisle;  or WILLIAM WALLIS, Esq., Westoe.

Oct. 15, 1844.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FISHERY TO LET

To Be LET, by Proposal, for a Term to be agreed upon,

THE FISHERY of the River ESK, belonging to the RIGHT
HON. SIR JAMES GRAHAM, Bart. of Netherby, M.P.,
as presently occupied by MR. ROBERT WRIGHT.

Any necessary information will be supplied by MR. BROWN
at Crofthead Farm, and MR. YULE, of Fergushill, to whom
Proposals are requested to be addressed, will Let the Fishery
upon Thursday the 31st October.

Crofthead Farm, 16th Sept., 1844
===============================================

TITHE FREE FARMS.

TO BE LET, and Entered upon at Candlemas, 1845.

THE Two following FARMS, belonging to MISS LOSH, of
Woodside, viz., - WOODHOUSE, containing 160 Acres,
well subdivided, and all lying together, now in the possession
of WILLIAM BELL.

LOW HURST, containing about 108 Acres, compact and
properly subdivided, and occupied by JOSEPH and JOHN
SQUIRES.

Those Two Farms are about Four Miles from Carlisle, and are
Tithe-Free;  and being adjoining, with convenient Farm-Build-
ings upon each, will be Let either separately or in one Farm.

The present Tenants will show the Premises, and for further
particulars apply to MR. BOWMAN, of Botcherby, who
will produce Conditions of Letting, receive Proposals, and
Let the Farms, when an adequate offer is made by a
respectable Tenant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VALUABLE INN AND FARM.

TO BE LET, for a Term to be agreed upon.  Entry at Candlemas,
(2nd February, 1845)

THAT well known large and commodious INN and POSTING
HOUSE, called the "GRAHAM ARMS," situated in the Market-
town of LONGTOWN, in Cumberland, Nine Miles from the City
of Carlisle on the great Edinburgh Road, as presently possessed by
MR. BRAITHWAITE, together with a very desirable FARM in
the immediate Vicinity of the Town.  This well accustomed Inn
has been for many years known to the Nobility and Gentry
travelling the great Edinburgh and Carlisle Road, as a very
commodious and quiet Resting Stage.

The certain prospect of the Railway from Lancaster to Carlisle
being soon opened, will increase the business of Coaching and
Posting through Longtown.

Apply to JOHN A. COMPBELL, Esq., C.S., Edinburgh;  or
to JOHN YULE, of Fergushill, by Longtown.

24th Oct., 1844.
=====================================================