SAD DEATH OF A
An inquest was held at Hammersmith on Friday with reference to the death of John BIGGAM, 32, a chemist.
It is stated that after being arrested on a charge of sleeping out without visible means of subsistence, BIGGAM collapsed on the door step of the police Station as the result of swallowing cyanide of potassium, and died soon after being carried inside.
The father, of Whitehaven draper, said his son was out of employment, but had no financial or other trouble. In a letter found unopened after his son’s death was money the witness had sent to his son.
The jury returned a verdict of suicide, and said there was no evidence to show the state of the man’s mind. The deceased served his time with Messrs. WILSON and KITCHIN, chemists, Whitehaven.