3rd VOL. BATT. BORDER REGIMENT, A COMPANY.
Orders for week ending Saturday, 3rd September, 1904. On duty: SERGT. BRAGG and CORPL. M'KALE.
1. Company training on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at 7-15 p.m.
2. Recruits can now be enrolled for the above Company any evening between six and nine p.m.
3. Class firing at Lingydale, on Friday and Saturday, from two p.m.
By Order, A. C. SCOULAR, Captain.
1st CUMBERLAND R.G.A. (VOLUNTEERS), NO. 1 COMPANY.
Orders for the week ending September 3rd, 1904. On duty: SERGT. E. WILSON, CORPL. A. O'NEIL, BOM. W. N. BAYES, BOM. J. W. WEAR, and TRPT. STEPHENSON.
1. The competition for the prizes given for individual gunnery will take place on the following dates: Tuesday, August 30, practical examination at the Drill Shed at 7-30 p.m. Wednesday, August 31st, written examination at the Armoury, at 7-30 p.m. All members who wish to compete must give their names in to SERGT. MAJOR TAYLOR by Monday evening; August 29th.
2. Friday, company and recruits' training, at 7-30 p.m. - J. W. PATTINSON, Captain.
3rd VOL. BATT. BORDER REGT., "E" CO.
Orders for week ending Saturday, 3rd September, 1904: On duty, right-half company, LCE-CORPL TOMLINSON; left-half company, PVTE PURDY.
1. Saturday, third stage of CAPT DIXON's cup competition, commencing at 800 yards, at 2-30 p.m.
2. Recruits for the above Company may be enrolled any evening, from six to eight p.m. at the Company Headquarters, 1, North-road.
3. A class will shortly commence for instruction to qualify for promotion. NCO's not yet passed for proficiency will be required to attend. Also any privates who are desirous of qualifying for promotion may attend. Names should be given to the C-Sgt-Instructor without delay. - By Order, GEORGE DIXON, CAPT.
3rd V.B. BORDER REGIMENT, "G" COMPANY.
Orders for week ending 3rd September, 1904. On duty: CORPORAL HUME, PRIVATE CLUCAS.
Instruction class on Friday, at 6-30 p.m. The second-stage of CAPTAIN DIXON's challenge cup competition will be shot under N.R.A. rules, on Wednesday and Saturday, 24th and 27th, August, viz., 20 shots at 500 yards (in uniform as per first stage), shooting on both days to commence at one p.m. Recruits may be enrolled at the Drill Hall, Frizington, any evening during the week from six to eight p.m. - By order W. MARLEY-CASS, Lieutenant.